This fresh strawberry lemonade is not only super simple, it is also simply delicious and refreshing for the summer. My girls love to help me in the kitchen and this is one recipe that they really enjoy helping with.
This fresh strawberry lemonade can easily be turned into a limeade as well. Just switch out the lemons for limes. Also, this recipe can be turned into a refreshing summer cocktail. All you need to do is add in your favorite vodka, tequila, or sweeten things up by adding in lemon flavored rum! I might have to invite my friends over, just so I can make this drink! yum yum
- 1/2 cup granulated stevia or 1 cup sugar of choice
- 1 cup water (to boil with the sugar)
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (juice from about 6 medium sized lemons)
- 6 cups cold water
- sliced strawberries to garnish (optional)
- sliced lemons to garnish (optional)
*you will also need a large pitcher
- In a small sauce pan, bring 1 cup of water and the sugar of choice to a boil. Remove from heat and allow the sugar water to cool to room temperature.
- While sugar water is cooling. Place 2 cups strawberries into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry puree into the sugar water and then add in the lemon juice. Stir well.
- Lastly, pour the strawberry lemonade mixture into a large pitcher along with the 6 cups of cold water. Stir well and add in ice. Garnish the glasses you will be drinking the lemonade from with the strawberries and lemons. Enjoy!
Super Simple, super delicious!
You can also turn this lemonade into popsicles. Just before adding the ice to your pitcher, pour the lemonade into popsicle molds and freeze. See my post on Easy Peasy Popsicle
Here are my amazing little helpers. Please, do not mind my youngest in her underwear!! I literally, cannot keep clothes on her. At least she is only stirring the sugar water while it is cooling…so no worries her little tummy won’t get burned.